Sunday 6 July 2014

In the beginning

Yesterday I posted the last poem I ever wrote specifically wrote for the purposes of starting this blog. It seems only right to follow that up by the first poem I ever wrote. I'd like to talk a bit first about my inspirations. The biggest inspiration I have ever had is how candidly Michael Angelakos of Passion Pit wrote about his feelings and life through the medium of song. In terms of emotional listening the band as a whole have provided me with so many platforms to a happy day, or a good nights sleep. It seems almost impossible now to go through a day without the reassurance of knowing I can turn to them whenever I need to.

How is it even possible to call someone sad?
At some point, everyone gets mad,
Why do people get at others for being angry?
Are they in touch with their own sanity?

It's okay to not be okay,
It's okay it works four ways.

One, find someone who makes you happy,
Who appreciates you for you,
Then move on to two.

Two, be happy about who you are,
Only you, not me, then move on to three.

Three, appreciate your family,
Nobody gets there alone,
Carry on to four.

Four, you'll understand when you get there,
Words hardly express feelings anyway,
Only ever care about what's inside,
Discover yourself, have some pride.

Me, I beat depression,
These words, these poems, they're my confession,
Three easy steps to live a happy life,
The fourth is pulling through all the strife,
Unhappiness at arms length, sadness' horizon,
Keep it all outside, don't let it in.

Keep in mind this one final thought,
A barrier of happiness that's how it's fought,
You're not alone in anything you think,
Some to turn harm, others to drink,
One day it will hit you, you'll know you're there,
So come out of your shell, your loved ones already care.

No comments:

Post a Comment