Saturday 5 July 2014

I write poetry when I'm bored at work


<head>
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/p.js"></script>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
          google_ad_client: "ca-pub-7698198967062362",
          enable_page_level_ads: true
     });
</script>
</head>

Day 54 in my new job, and 3 weeks in I was suffering from severe boredom. Something amazing began to happen, I put a pen to paper and wrote about my thoughts and feelings. Somehow, in some divine stroke of luck, everything fit together, everything clicked into place. This is the last poem I wrote, this is my commitment to write poems regularly to educate people about mental illnesses, to try and unite people to stand together in the face of adversity, and maybe you'll learn one or two things about yourself too.

Did you hear the story of the boy who cried wolf?
Maybe he was paranoid, that would be enough,
Worries can be powerful if used in the right way,
Others can use them for their personal gain,
Preying on someone's mind is not advisable,
These are things meant to be invisible,
If they share such things with you, they trust you with their heart,
Extending themselves to you, of them now you are a part,
Nobody can cope with out a helping hand, so then,
Luckily for myself in that hand is a pen,
I put my thoughts on paper for you all to read,
Hope you find solace in them, perhaps follow in my lead,
But for all my writing helps how I think,
I have my family and friends too, that's the missing link,
There's someone out there who cares for you too,
Give them your thoughts, let them walk in your shoes,
I found my soulmate sharing my worries,
Talking about them honestly ferries,
Anxiety away, depression gone,
We'll get there together no-one is alone.

2 comments: