Tuesday 8 July 2014

#3

It's not possible to love a happy lie,
A lie cannot be happy, you'll see it through your eyes,
The truth doesn't hurt, it doesn't leave scars,
Honesty is harmless, it truly goes far,
Look at my wounds from being deceived,
Healing now, for what I am relieved,
Still cutting deep every now and then,
Almost as if I bleed through this pen,
I was caught up in a terrible mess,
A relationship that brought nothing but stress,
Living every day forcing a smile,
When all the while,
Lies were flowing through your veins,
No, they weren't growing pains,
Two years in and nothing changed,
You were right to break up with me that day,
I was wrong to react that way,
Selfishness - jealousy,
Suffering - you and me,
Explain your actions and I will mine,
You preyed upon my state of mind,
Left me begging for you back,
Guess what changed, that panic attack,
I was scared of losing you as much as myself,
I went to seek professional help,
They let me see we had something worth saving,
But all I was, interested in razing,
All we had to the ground,
Burning bridges, losing the found
Knowledge I had obtained,
We thought our futures were engraved,
On eachother's hearts and souls,
It burnt out, like old coals,
Now look at me a different person,
There really was nothing worse than
You, but you're gone now and everything has changed,
I broke free from the bars of that cage,
I've found solace in my new life,
I slid into it like a hot knife,
Now I'm spreading happiness, preaching the word,
There's people out there who've never heard,
Words of encouragement, wisdom and such,
Never thought I'd be loved as much,
For who I am,
Live your life your way not a sham,
You can try to pretend it's all okay,
However, always, you'll find a way,
To get back to being happy, being you,
Those happy lies are never true.

No comments:

Post a Comment